Painting Anaglypta Wallpaper has never been easier, update your home with confidence after applying Victory Colours top tips. In this guide we have put together all of our expert wallpaper painting tips to give you the best results every time.
Anaglypta wallpaper offers a unique solution to home decorating by giving you an interesting way to rejuvenate your home. Painting anaglypta wallpaper allows you to add depth and dimension to a room through a variety of patterns available, whilst being customisable as you can paint it any colour to suit your style.
Painting anaglypta wallpaper tips
Anaglypta comes in white as standard, however, it really comes alive when painted. We have out together some tips tips to help you get the best results:
- Always make sure that the wallpaper adhesive is totally dry before painting, also ensure that any adhesive is wiped off the wallpaper at the joins, otherwise it can sometime affect the paint in the future.
- You can paint Anaglypta in any finish, the current trend is for a matt finish, however, a bit of sheen from an eggshell finish can look really effective too, it helps reflect the light and colour from the contours of the textured relief of the wallpaper. An eggshell also has the added bonus that it is more durable and water resistant so they are great for high traffic areas, and areas that need more cleaning and wiping, such as hallways.
- We are very fond of colour here at Victory Colours HQ so be bold when painting your Anaglypta. We always recommend two coats of paint for the best finish.
- Use a medium pile/nap roller (or the semi smooth 2 Fussy Blokes roller sleeves) to get into all the nooks and crannies of the textured patterns more easily, and use a good quality paint brush for cutting in.
- One of our favourite methods of painting Anaglypta is to use a different colour, or a metallic paint to highlight the relief. This is done by painting the wallpaper in one colour, and then by gently sponging the metallic paint onto the raised pattern, it looks incredibly effective.
Anaglypta is an endlessly versatile range of wallpapers, and each design can look wildly different depending on the paint colour used. It is also incredibly good at covering up cracks, and imperfections in plaster.
Benefits of Anaglypta wallpaper
You may be wondering, if you could just apply a paint straight to walls, why add a wallpaper into the mix. Anaglypta wallpaper however offers a number of solutions to many common design problems including:
- Covering imperfections i.e. poor plaster, uneven surfaces and small holes
- Masking discolorations and defects making a wall appear smoother
- Durable making it ideal in high traffic areas of the home
- Opportunity to add fun textures and patterns
- Easy to update by painting over and over again
Which paint to use for painting anaglypta wallpaper?
You may be wondering which paint is best for painting anaglypta wallpaper. Although you can use almost any type of paint, we recommend our eco-friendly paint range because it is sustainable and just as high quality, if not more high quality than standard wall paint. When combined with anaglypta wallpaper, you get double the benefits making it an excellent solution for high traffic areas of the home. Here are just a few benefits of using Victory Colours paint:
- Eco friendly
- Large range of beautiful colours
- Ultra low VOC
- Low odour
- Vegan / cruelty free