Wallrock Thermal Liner | KV600 | 100cm x 15m
Wallrock Thermal Liner | KV600 | 100cm x 15m
Wallrock Thermal Liner KV600 100cm width, 15m length and 4mm thick (15m2) is the most effective member of the Wallrock Thermally Efficient Wallpaper range. You get a lot more with Wallrock KV600 than your standard thermal liner. Although it seems expensive up front it actually offers savings in the long term and you get a LOT more bang for your buck!
Furthermore Thermal Liner has excellent capacity to cover and reinforce poor plaster and other surfaces such as plasterboard, block-work and wood-panelling. Thermal Liner KV600 also helps reduce condensation problems and in many cases eliminates them.
|Recommended Adhesive:||Wallrock Thermal Liner Adhesive|
|Adhesive Usage Per Roll:||5-7kgs per roll approx.|
|Roll Size:||100cm Width x 15m Length|
|Roll Coverage:||15 m2|
|Finish:||Flat. Can be painted onto directly.|
The surface of Thermal Liner KV600 is longlasting, durable and suitable for painting directly, although for a perfect finish we recommend cross lining with Wallrock Fibreliner (avoid the use of standard linings) which allows not only painting but the application of decorative wallpaper.
As a rule of thumb it is advised to use approx. 5kgs of Wallrock Thermal Adhesive per standard roll of Wallrock Thermal KV600 Liner depending upon the wall surface.
Wallrock Thermal Liner KV600 is the most effective member of the Wallrock Thermally Efficient Wallpaper range.
- Covers damaged and cracked plaster and textured surfaces
- Resists mould formation for a healthier home
- Produces a smooth surface for decorating
- Contains no PVC or fibreglass
- Reduces room warm up times
- Allows your walls to breathe
- Significant energy savings
- Reduces noise transmission
- Fire Rating : E
- Ensure that base surfaces are clean, dry, firm and free from any loose or flaking material. New plaster is very absorbent and will require one to two coats of Wallrock Primer & Sealer before applying any wallcovering, including Wallrock Thermal Liner to the surface. Wallrock Thermal Liner can also be applied in some circumstances directly over cracked and light to medium textured surfaces which should be firmly adhered and stable - in such cases, it is always advisble to thouroughly clean the surface and use one coat of Wallrock Primer & Sealer, it is advisable to carry out a small application test before continuing.
- Apply the Wallrock Thermal Liner Adhesive generously to the wall using a roller. Use a brush or spatula to apply adhesive to areas the roller cannot reach.On textured or damaged surfaces it is especially important to apply a generous layer of adhesive.Apply enough adhesive to apply one length of Wallrock Thermal Liner at a time ensuring the pasted area exceeds the width of the Wallrock Thermal Liner (see paste consumption guide).
- Always apply Wallrock Thermal Liner with the smooth Wallrock face to the outside, furry side to the wall. Apply Wallrock Thermal Liner directly from the roll onto the wet adhesive and slide into place. Smooth out any bubbles with a roller or similar. Leave a small amount of surplus material for trimming where necessary.
- Cut off any excess Wallrock Thermal Liner at the ceiling, floors and corners using a trimming knife with a hooked blade in combination with a forming board. Alternatively carefully mark the Wallrock Thermal Liner using a pencil and trim with scissors. On external corners a ‘corner profile’ can be used to give a neat finish or flexible filler can be used to caulk the exposed edge of the thermal liner - especially important if you intend to paint the thermal liner without applying Wallrock Fibreliner.
- Allow at least 24 hours for drying, longer if conditions are especially humid or cold. Wherever possible we also recommend that the thermal liner is allowed to dry out naturally and therefore the heating is turned off whilst the adhesive dries out. However if temperatures are likely to drop below 10°c/50°F it is advisable that low level heating is used to ensure that the adhesive can cure effectively.
- If you do not intend to cover the product with fibreliner or similar then any small gaps at seams and corners can be filled and sanded prior to painting the surface directly with standard emulsion paint. Use a good quality, flexible non shrinking filler.
- To create a superior finish for paint or printed wallpaper we recommend that the Thermal Liner is lined over with ‘Wallrock Fibreliner’, (this product is very strong and dimensionally stable and compliments the Thermal Liner perfectly). Other ‘Paste-The-Wall’ linings may be compatible but on no account should you line the product with a traditional lining as problems with lifting at seams may be encountered. NB; If applying a printed or textured wallpaper directly to the Thermal Liner, fill any open seams and gaps first and ensure a ‘Paste The Wall’ product is used.
The surface of Thermal Liner is longlasting, durable and suitable for painting directly, although for a perfect finish we recommend cross lining with Wallrock Fibre Liner (avoid the use of standard linings) which allows not only painting but also the application of decorative wallpaper.
- This product is suitable as a localised ‘problem solver’ for cold external walls and is not recommended for use in fire escape routes inside your home unless the surface is further treated with a fire retardant covering. This product is class E fire rated and should not be used for projects such as new builds and extensions where Building regulations are applicable.
- Here at Victory Colours we recommend that you use a good quality adhesive such as Wallrock Thermal Liner Adhesive for the best results. As a rule of thumb it is advised to use 3-5kgs of Wallrock Thermal Liner Adhesive per standard roll of Wallrock Thermal KV600 Liner depending upon the wall surface. It is important to note that if you are planning to hang lining paper or designer wallpaper on top of Thermal Liner, we strongly recommend that you use a non-woven lining paper such as one of the Wallrock Fibreliner range.
- We also recommend that you finish your lining with a couple of coats of one of our beautiful Eco Friendly Paints. You will achieve a flawless finish with this highly technical intelligent emulsion. It has great coverage, low odour, minimal spatter. Victory Colours comes in a range of popular colours or if you have a particular colour in mind we can colour match it for you. Beautiful designer eco paint which is better for you and better for the environment.
FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY
To qualify for FREE next day delivery simply spend £50.00 or more on any products, this covers all standard UK areas. Orders need to be placed before 12 noon to qualify for anytime next day delivery (working days only). The standard delivery charge is £4.99 on orders under £50.00
Standard UK areas exclude Highlands of Scotland, Offshore Islands of Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Eire. We can still deliver to non-standard areas but it may take a little longer and be more expensive.
If you have any queries please contact the sales office on 01258 841310
Specified Delivery Costs
If you require specified delivery times the prices are as follows:
- before 1200hrs - £10.99
- before 1000hrs - £14.99
- before 0900hrs - £19.99
Saturday Delivery - UK Mainland Only
Saturday delivery will incur an extra cost. Please place any order you require to be delivered on Saturday before 12:00 on Friday.
- Delivery costs on orders below £100 - £12.99
- Delivery costs on orders over £100 - £8.99
We Also Recommend